Friday, April 19, 2013

Catching up

I just found a whole pile of little notes that I never got online.
Here are a few with more later:

Smarts
I met the family at a restaurant one evening. When they arrived, Brother, five at the time, was surprised to see me. He said, "You are smarter than we are. You're already here."

Learning to read
As he learned letters Brother was amazed at what he could find.
"I found two tickets" (anything that started with the letter t he called a ticket)
"Ferris wheel has the word 'fair' in it."
"And when you say, 'oh', it has the letter o in it."

A new show
After he asked a time or two we agreed to DVR Power Rangers. Four at the time Brother aptly commented, "You know my life hasn't change much Power Rangers. Really things aren't that different."

Perspective
Brother declared, "I have an exciting future ahead of me." Of course we agreed and then learned he was just talking about that day, which included a school picnic and plans for camping. He was five.